Hip for Ohio 6/ 27/09






This is what the sign- in lady at our surf lesson said to Jay and I when we were filling out our release forms....

I did feel sort of hip listening to the beach boys in the car with the windows down driving to the lesson, then when I put on the quicksilver rashguard, and finally carrying the real live surf board.....The hipness ended though once I saw the pictures of the "huge amazing waves" I thought I was surfing.....So I guess we didn't catch any major waves, and we really didn't look that great...more like little kids ( in some ways, not even that good)- but I had so much fun!

Our instructors Raz (cute chillian) and Brian were really nice.

The first wave I caught, I took all the way into the beach....and then totally beached myself and fell...it was sort of hilarious- Wendy was there to witness it....we had a good laugh.

My shoulders were rocked from all the paddling- I pretty much can't raise my arms...still worth it though!

We kept the boards for a few hours more, and I got to surf with Wendy as well.

Cowabunga Dudes!

BTW's - I decided to make the move down to 15 sunscreen....not a good move....can you say Aloe Vera Please?
3 Responses
  1. Who is in the bottom 2 surfing pictures? Not you or Jay, right!?!? I wish I could be there for all the hiking. I guess I will have to settle for Quail Hollow.


  2. Unknown Says:

    Sarah - is that you in the bottom photo???


  3. Erin A Says:

    That is what I want to know!! Whos is in the bottom photo? Which you guys do look cool. The picture with you both up on the board is great but i atually really like the one with you to on the beach just holding the board. You both look like pros.


Post a Comment