Sleeping Giant 6/31/09






Jessica and I hiked a trail called Sleeping Giant Today. It was a decent hike (3.5 miles round trip- 1,000 ft. incline). The trail is named after the way the mountain looks from the road…the Giant’s head in the town of Wailua and his feet in the town of Kapaa. We were able to hike all the way to the very top….the giant’s cliff chin…it offered a complete 360 degree view of the Wailua Valley and the Pacific Ocean. When we came down a couple asked us if we went to the very top…she then told us what she read in her guide book about the last part of the climb….”those attempting the final trek to the chin must either be stupid, crazy, or have really great insurance." Glad we didn’t know that before we started. Ignorance is bliss!
2 Responses
  1. Heather Says:

    i love the pics of your beat up shoes hanging over the edges of cliffs. I'm sure your mom loves it too :)


  2. Unknown Says:

    Ignorance may be bliss...but it can also be DEADLY! I guess getting this info after the fact keeps me from having a serious panic attack. I would LOVE to be on your adventures with you, but I think my legs would feel like jello the entire time! Please tell me the shot below your cliff-hanging shoes was produced by computer graphics and is not 'actual size'!!


Post a Comment