Waihee Ridge hike 1 of 2 7/10/09






Although this hike lacked the thrills that some of our other hikes have had, it was still one of my favorites. I guess I could relate it to waking up and deciding to go on a morning walk through town…If your town was in Kula… on the side of a mountain, in the beautiful upcountry of Maui. We hiked through a lot of woods, surprisingly reminding me of Ohio a bit. The views were pretty spectacular, and the weather was perfect…the Hawaiian breeze that I love so much, was again present. Jessica and I had some of our best conversations on this hike. I have to say here how much I really appreciate my traveling partner….there aren’t too many people who can spend five weeks straight, 24/7 with me, and not be completely annoyed by all of my Sarahisms (in-fact, I think it’s funny how she’s taken on some of my funny quarks, and at times, I’ve taken on a few of hers). We have a lot of fun together.
After our hike we found an eye doctor so Jessica could get her glasses fixed- She had a hair clip holding them together during our hike :) We also found a cute little bakery and had a piece of triple mousse cake to energize us for our next hike in IAO Valley (see next post).
0 Responses

Post a Comment